- Biden: ‘This Maga crowd is really the most extreme political organization that exists in American history’
- How soon could states outlaw abortions if Roe v Wade is overturned?
- Protesters swarm outside US supreme court
- Contraception could come under fire next
- California pledges to protect abortion rights
- What the justices have said and how they’ve voted on abortion
Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau vowed to defend abortion rights as the decades-old battle over the issue exploded anew this week in Canada’s southern neighbor, with the US Supreme Court apparently set to overturn the decades-old ruling that legalized the procedure nationwide, Reuters reports.
A woman’s free choice is a choice to be made by her alone. Every woman in Canada has the right to a legal and safe abortion,” Trudeau told reporters before a meeting of Liberal lawmakers in Ottawa on Wednesday.
We know that unfortunately, what we’re seeing with our neighbors in the south and even in debates within the Conservative Party of Canada, that we need to ensure that there are protections in place so that we never see people backtracking on that right,” Trudeau said.
We have asked the ministers to take a look at this (review of the legal framework) very quickly and we’ll see what the timeline is for that,” Trudeau said.
What are the next things that are going to be attacked? Because this Maga crowd is really the most extreme political organization that exists in American history.
This is about a lot more than abortion… What happens if you have a state change the law, saying that children who are LGBTQ can’t be in classrooms with other children? Is that legit?