- Hacker claims to have obtained data on 1 billion Chinese citizens The Guardian
- Hacker claims biggest Chinese data breach with 1 billion resident records stolen: Report Fox News
- Hacker claims to have stolen 1 bln records of Chinese citizens from police Reuters.com
- Hackers Claim to Have Stolen Police Data in China’s Largest Cybersecurity Breach Bloomberg
- Copenhagen, Denmark mall shooting: Motive likely not terror-related, police say KABC-TV
- Copenhagen shooting: Harry Styles fans praise Danish police for attack response BBC
- Suspect in Copenhagen mall shooting that killed three was known to psychiatric professionals, police say CNN
- 3 dead, 3 critically wounded after gunman opens fire at Copenhagen mall, police say WSB Atlanta
- Denmark mall shooting: Suspect acted alone and incident was not terror-related, Copenhagen police say Fox News
Highland Park shooting, Jayland Walker video, 4th of July: Biggest news you missed USA TODAY
Here’s a look at the top stories making headlines on the “CBS Evening News,” hosted by Major Garrett.
A state of emergency has been called in Akron, Ohio, amid protests over the fatal police shooting of Jayland Walker, an unarmed Black man who was shot more than 60 times after fleeing what police said was a routine traffic stop. Elise Preston reports.